Sunday, July 19, 2009

My wedding photos

Dear friends,

I have uploaded my wedding photos to the following site:
http://picasaweb.google.com/linglinglye

Some of the pictures are a little blurry as I don't have professional photographer to take photos for me during my wedding day and dinner. But overall the pictures turned out quite ok as I have my 2 sisters, sis's bf, brother, brother-in-law, and a colleague of mine as my amateur photographers. Thanks to them! :)

I am especially glad that my makeup and hair-do for my wedding dinner in Alor Setar turned out great because I had randomly selected a makeup artist for that day without going for a trial and with no knowledge whether he is really good in makeup and hair styling. I scouted for the makeup artist by checking on some of the hair saloons near to my house area, and I finally made my pick on a little boy, yeah, not boy but adult, but he really looks like a young teenage boy. He told me he is 26. He looked very young, like someone just out from school. It was his young appearance that made me chose him as I thought he must have just graduated from his hair/makeup school and he should have learnt the newer makeup and hair styling. Yeah, I will be very worried if that someone I engage is an auntie that would apply her 20 years back makeup and styling technique on me. On top of that, he uses Bobby Brown makeup and only charged RM140. This is much cheaper than the other makeup artist that usually charge around RM200 or more for bridal makeup and hairdo.

However, he made me panicked a little when he was so cautious in his makeup on me and took more than 3 hours to finish his work on me. Yes, more than 3 hours! He started my makeup and hairdo at around 3.15pm and only managed to finish around 6.46pm, which caused me to arrive a little late for my event that night. My dinner was supposed to start at 7.30, but I only managed to arrive 10 minutes earlier, at 7.20pm. But nevertheless, I was relieved that his work turned out satisfying and the event went on well that night.

No comments: