Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another of my Indulgence

I bought lots of green veges this morning and plan to cook for the weekend with the fish and chicken that my bf brought from home. I had loaded myself with lots of unhealthy, yet good food during my KL trip on the Raya holidays that I thought of getting myself low calorie and nutritional food for the weekend. However, I ended up getting this for my dinner just now.



Yeah, two regular pizzas to share with my bf. Pizza Hut had this promotion for take-away orders only, whereby you get free one regular crunchy crust pizza with purchase of 1 regular supremes pan pizza. This saved you RM18! One regular supremes pan pizza cost you RM21, and one regular family favourites crunchy crust pizza is RM18.

I had earlier plan to do some weight and abs exercise before i start cooking my dinner. However, I overslept my nap and only woke up at 6.45pm. Then, I got lazy after I woke up. Even worst, I thought of eating pizzas when i saw the Pizza Hut flyer on my table. The flyer had been lying long on my table, and I'm very tempted with the promotion offered by PizzaHut. But each time I mentioned of pizza, he was reluctant to go. But this time, the moment i said pizza, he said "let's go". I was brimming with excitement when he said this, like a kid yearning for an ice-cream.

Then, we headed straight to the nearest Pizza Hut store, in Giant, Bayan Baru. I showed the cashier the flyer that I brought along, pointed to her that i wanted to buy the 'buy one regular, free one regular crunchy crust' promotional item. But this cashier by the name of Asimah couldn't read English, and kept saying they only have free one regular pizza with every purchase of 1 large pizza. Below is a snap of the flyer taken with bf's camera phone.


Sorry for the blur picture, I don't have my camera to use for the weekend. If you can't see it properly, here is what's written there, "FREE Regular Crunchy Crust Pizza (Family Favourites) with 1 Regular Supremes Pan Pizza purchase".

I then told the cashier to ask her colleagues to confirm this. She pulled a long face and walked to the back to ask. When finally it was confirmed, i made payment and came back 15 minutes later to pick up my pizza. When I asked for cheese powder to be poured on top of the pizza, her (the same cashier) face turned again. With the reluctance on her face, I straight away looked for cheese powder and poured them myself while she walked away to take orders from other customer. Well, what a rude staff.

Back home, I was happily enjoying my pizzas with my bf. We had equal share of the pizzas since he is not much a bigger eater than I am. This means we have 1 whole regular pizza each to ourselves....keke.....what an indulgence....i felt so pampered! I have no doubt in finishing the whole pizza since i had taken 7 slices of Domino's pizza before. One regular pizza from Pizza Hut has only 6 slices.

I had made the wrong choice of ordering the combination of Hawaiian Supreme and Hawaiian Tuna. I thought one chicken and one tuna would be the perfect combination, but both were of the same flavour. I am also disappointed with the Crunchy Crust Pizza. This is the first time i tried it. It doesn't taste good at all. This could be the reason Pizza Hut was giving out this free when you buy the normal pizza.


Crunchy Crust Pizza (Hawaiian Tuna)



One small slice of Crunchy Crust Pizza

The Crunchy Crust Pizza is thinner compared to the normal Pan Pizza. I don't like that it had too much mayonnaise and pineaple on it. Maybe this is because of the flavour that I had chosen, Hawaiian Tuna. I also don't like the thin crust. As a conclusion, I will not buy Crunchy Crust Pizza in future....hehe. Also, I will need to find time to include 1 more session to my usual once-a -week gym workout next week.

My next target would be this before the promotion ends on the 31st Oct 2008:


2 REGULAR Family Favourites for RM28 (save RM8)

Plus the HOT Add-On deals for Deli Wings where you can get saving of RM1.80 for 4 pcs of Deli Wings. Sorry, no picture here coz it is too small to be captured clear enough using a lousy camera phone.

Note that the above promotion is for delivery or take-away orders only. My usual dine-in in Pizza Hut would usually be 2 slices of pizza, 1 mushroom soup, 1 drink and 2 pcs of Deli Wings and the bill for one person would usually be close to RM15. Deli Wings is my top favourite!!! It is very very oily, but the taste of the chicken wing is damn too good for me to ignore the 'oilyness' of it for a while.

Damn it, why am I promoting Pizza Hut?

No comments: