Sunday, October 19, 2008

Food at Crystal Point

I attended a 4 days training at Dream Catcher last week, and we were well-fed (breakfast, lunch and tea provided) during the training. Lunch was provided at the different restaurants located at Crystal Point; Eighteen, ElMondo Pizza and Mumbai. Among these 3 restaurants, food from El Mondo Pizza is the best.



Spaghetti mushroom - Eighteen

I had spaghetti mushroom (with tomato sauce) in Eighteen. Taste wise is average, there is no meat in the spaghetti, only mushroom and tomatoes. It is a bit too sour for my liking. I had a peep into their menu and found that this cost RM14 a plate. My sis had spaghetti cabonara with hams, I tried the leftover that she can't finish, taste is ok, but too creamy. I felt a little 'jelak' even after having a few mouths of it. The spaghetti cabonara cost RM18 a plate. I ordered a fish meal served with potato on another of my lunch session at Eighteen. I forgot to take picture of it, the food presentation is nice, but it doesn't taste good. The set lunch at Eighteen comes with creamy soup and buns with butter served as starters, a small slice of cake as dessert and coffee or tea.



Pizza - Eighteen

A friend sitting next to me ordered pizza. I heard that pizzas from El Mondo Pizza tasted better than Eighteen. If I'm not mistaken, this pizza cost around RM16.

Too bad that I forgot to take photos of the food taken in El Mondo Pizza. I found food there is better than in Eighteen. Set lunch at El Mondo Pizza comes with creamy soup as starter, drinks (ice-lemon tea), and a small slice of tiramitsu. Anyway, I found a blog which commented about El Mondo Pizza, with some photos of the food.
http://edzilpacaldo.blogspot.com/2008/03/el-mondo-pizza-original-woodfire-pizza.html



Kebab set - Mumbai


fried onion - mumbai

I ordered the kebab set at Mumbai restaurant. It has garlic nan, pieces of lamb, chicken, fish and prawns on the skewers. The set comes with a spicy clear soup, fried onion, crackers and drinks. The food tasted average.

In my opinion, food in these restaurants are pricey as the quality and taste does not match the price that you have to pay. El-Mondo Pizza may be the better one among these 3 restaurants, but still pricey in my opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah!!! :D Rich and famous lifestyle for the past week :P