Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kampachi buffet lunch

I got RM400 of Equatorial Hotel voucher as a reward for successful publication of my technical paper in the Technospark (my company's technical magazine). It is so great that I can indulge in food again, especially buffet, and I picked Kampachi restaurant because Japanese food is my favourite.

I didn't know that the place can be so packed during the weekends. Luckily I came early, if not I wouldn't have got a place to sit in without making reservations.

Food is good, definitely better than the japanese buffet dinner at Traders Hotel, but the varieties are not too many nor too few.

Here are some photos of the food for you to drool! :)


Sashimi, octopus, and mackerel sushis.

I started off with sashimi, my top favourite! I can only recognized salmon and squid (the white one with seaweed rolled in it). I'm not sure of the type of fish meat for the rest (dark red or purple coloured), but they all tasted fresh and good, especially taken with wasabi in soy sauce.



sashimis again...i just loved them.



Grilled salmon, grilled mackerel, and toufu.



Tempuras, mussels, and some japanese fried rice.



Miso soup, chickens, mackerel, steamed slices of fish and etc...



A bowl of udon mixed with soba, with mushrooms and some vege.



Desserts

There were ice-creams too, but it tasted like the normal cheap ice-cream, not so nice. I can't find eels and cod fish, which are my favourites. Probably they are too expensive to be served in a buffet.

The buffet lunch costs RM62 per person, and with 5% govt tax and 10% service charge, the total price is RM71.30 per person. The price has increased now. I remembered it was around RM5x last time. You can get to redeem the RM5 carpark here as well.

With the slow down in the economy, I believe many have already tightened their pockets, however, it was unbelievable that the place is fulled. I'm wondering if most of the people having their lunch there were also like me spending on the expense of the company. I have already met 2 people there from my company, one of them is my friend, who was also spending her lunch in Kampachi using the voucher she obtained from the company.

Most of the japanese food are very much rich in protein, that I think I didn't eat that much, but I felt so full that I almost want to vomit when i left the place. I hope that one day I won't die from eating too much food.....kakaka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kampachi the Lampahchi, why no update of your blog for so long? :D